Wednesday, August 4, 2010

mOre aBOUt oUr bABy bOy

I have still been slightly confused as to what type of evaluation Brecken had at Brains, so I decided to research it a little further. What I found was a description of a neuropsychological evaluation. Here is the definition that I found from the Brains website

A neuropsychological evaluation usually includes
an interview with parents about the child’s history,
observation of and interview with the child, and
testing. Testing involves paper and pencil and
hands-on activities, answering questions, and
sometimes using a computer. Parents may be asked
to fill out questionnaires about their child’s development
and behavior. Many neuropsychologists
employ trained examiners, or technicians, to assist
with the administration and scoring of tests, so
your child may see more than one person during
the evaluation. Parents are usually not in the
room during testing, although they may be present
with very young children. The time required
depends on the child’s age and problem.
Our next appointment is August 12, 2010 at 2:00pm. I am very anxious to hear what his evaluation has uncovered and to see what our next step is. Here is the link to the Brains website in case anyone wants to do some researching on their own :)
http://brainspotential.com/index.php/

1 comment:

Amber Mc said...

Thank you for sharing this website!!! I cannot wait to hear what you and Andy find out so I can be the best Aunt I can to be to Brecken!!
Love you all!!